The Ranger and Ranger GT batteries are designed to run in parallel with the bikes' stock battery. This is due to most bike BMSes not allowing for a traditional Charge n' Ride solution. Therefore, there are two things to note when installing these batteries to your bike.
- BEFORE CONNECTING: Make sure both batteries are fully charged before riding after a new install.
- Note: You'll know your Ranger is fully charged when the LED on your charger turns green.
- Stock pack won't charge to 100%? No problem! Get the stock battery as fully charged as it'll naturally go.
- Now, connect the Ranger using this guide.
- Always make sure BOTH batteries are turned on before riding.
- Note: If you ever forget to turn on the Ranger before riding, DON'T turn it on midway through a ride. After you're finished, you'll need to charge both batteries to 100% again before your next ride.
It's very important that both batteries are turned on before you begin your rides. The order you turn them on matters.